Thursday, May 3, 2007

relax, redraw

may3-1-2007
One of the great things about drawing is I find I can generally suspend judgment while I'm making the drawing and just fix things up. Here the yellow first sketch shows some issues with proportions - and then I've just redrawn over the same ground and corrected the drawing as I went. There's bit of a message for life there - simply go back, apologise, and get on with fixing it up.

The other big progress for me was seeing one of my drawing buddies mixing purple and orange - woah - it made me see in grey - and I liked it - things to experiment with. I've always found adding more colours (which is not the same thing as huge volumes of colour) has made my drawings more interesting. Note for your repertoire - add more colours. Aquarelle on paper.

No comments: